Now that The Players’ Championship is over, I thought it would be a good time to look back and see how the year has been shaping up. We can also look ahead and make some predictions for the rest of the season.
Let’s run down the Top 5 in the World rankings and see how they’ve fared so far.
- Justin Thomas has won twice and finished 2nd once. He has one other Top 10 and has yet to finish out of the Top 25 in 12 events.
- Dustin Johnson has won once and finished 2nd twice. He has one other Top 10 and has yet to finish out of the Top 25 in 10 events.
- Jordan Spieth has yet to win this season but has three 3rd place finishes, two other Top 10 finishes. He also has two missed cuts in 11 events.
- Jon Rahm has won once and finished 2nd once. He has a 4th place finish and also won the Spanish Open. He has a missed cut at the team event in New Orleans and did not play his best at The Players’, finishing T-63rd.
- Justin Rose has won once and finished 3rd once. He also has two 5th place finishes and two other Top 10 finishes.
Take a look at the up to date Official World Golf Ranking